This might be the easiest recipe, producing the most transformative results that ever has found placement onto our little blog that could.
2 ingredients and 2 minutes
Y’all know that without guilt we can sing the virtues of dark chocolate.
Anyone need a mental boost – shopping inertia, test cramming, holiday schedule matrix, greeting card blur, cookie comas, last-minute DIY project, travel planning (did I tell you the one about booking Thanksgiving travel for the week before Thanksgiving – good fares)?
Just when you’ve barely pulled your head above water and pat your back in pride on a season well-handled – the mass of gifts glistening in the horizon – bags stacked in a disarray, unopened Amazon boxes, shipping envelopes from places you don’t recall because you ordered items way back at the first of December – that mass is our Holiday bitch, she puts the ho in holiday, she goes by the name of Wrapping.
Now let’s get a chocolate fix with peppermint bark before we crumble.
We borrow from this concoctionand add handy topping with minty seasonal flavors. Tempering the chocolate with a few microwaving intervals readies the silkened chocolate for spreading; crushed candy canes bring it to holiday standards.
Make a batch for hostess gifts or easy holiday treats that don’t drag you down in time or energy.
Look, Williams-Sonoma, we made this ourselves.
peppermint bark 2×2
preptime: 1 minute Makes 16-24 ish pieces (depending on your break-apart enthusiasm)
cooktime: 1+ minutes
chilltime: 1 hour
2 4 oz. bitter-sweet chocolate bars or chips (I prefer 1 semi and 1 bitter – Ghiradelli brand)
2-3 candy canes
- Line cookie sheet (that will fit in refrigerator) with parchment paper or Silpat mat.
- Crush candy canes within ziploc bags using rolling pin.
- Break chocolate into pieces in microwave-proof glass bowl (I use my 4-qt Pyrex measuring cup)
- Microwave at full power for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate mostly melted, stirring each time.
- Pour onto parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately top with crushed candy canes and refrigerate.
- add a few drops of peppermint extract to the melted chocolate.
- melt equal amounts of white chocolate that you layer onto chilled dark chocolate; then top with crushed candy canes.