Lime Jicama Salad
Jicama has a tough outer layer than can make it easy to break down. Contrary to most how-to prep videos online which use a vegetable peeler for the task, I prefer to slice off the outer layer like one might with a melon, seen here.
preptime: 10 min serves 4-6
- 1 medium sized jicama cut into 1/2″ strips*
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, chopped fine
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze juice from lime into bowl.
- Add about 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Combine.
- Add in jicama “sticks”, jalapeño, and cilantro into the bowl and mix together.
- Serve. Best when cold.
recipe adapted from Blue Apron and provided by your friends at crunchtimefood.com