Remember the early years, season two, she falls in love with her cardio patient Denny, cheats his donor qualification and crumbles, we all crumble, when he dies shortly after. Â An impressive performance made a star out ofÂ this girl. Â Then, well, Dr. Stevens wanted out of the series and not even CPR from Shonda could save her.
One day, a few months back, that kinda ornery actress shows up cooking on tv – happy, homey, aprony — making this pasta that others melted over. Â I loved the simple ingredients for weeknight possibilities and double McCreamy brie cheese does all the heavy flavor lifting.
When combined with hot pasta, the cheese delicately melts, coating the noodles, yet leaving a few morsels in tact. I imagine that several cheeseboard favorites from goat to gouda to machego would perform the same way with just-cooked pasta. Â The combinations are endless.
Best if you allow at least two hours for the ingredients to meld or it can be easily prepped last minute if you don’t have time. Â But I choose meld. Â Choose meld.
izzie’s easy pasta with brie
Arugula adds a peppery fresh bite to the pasta, spinach or other greens would work well, but all are optional.
preptime: Â 20 min Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â serves: 4
- 3 ripe tomatoes cut into Â½-inch cubes (can also use 1 28-ounce can of peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped)
- 1 pound brie cheese (rind removed), cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and finely minced
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine, spaghetti, or any pasta you prefer
- 2 cups arugula, torn in half (optional)
- Put the brie in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This makes it easier to remove the rind and cut up.
- Combine tomatoes, brie, basil, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let sit at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours at room temperature.
- Cook pasta to just al dente. Strain and toss into brie tomato bowl.
- Fold everything together until well combined and the brie has begun to melt.
- Fold in arugula pieces. Â Serve immediately.
recipe modified from Kathryn Heigl creation and provided by your friends at crunchtimefood.com